Whisky Recipe: Create Sticky Toffee Pudding with our Distiller’s Cut Release
Aber Falls Whisky releases are crafted to be enjoyed, using the finest Welsh ingredients and water from the Rhaeadr Fawr. Whether enjoying our whisky as a dram, with a food pairing, or even in a recipe, is entirely up to you.
For those of our whisky drinkers who like to get a little creative in the kitchen, Chef Jack who is based at our Visitor Centre & Bistro in North Wales, has created a special Sticky Toffee Pudding and whisky infused sauce using our newly released Distiller’s Cut whisky. This release has matured in orange wine casks, which creates citrus, espresso, chocolate orange and berry flavours, and lingering hints of wood spice, orange, and creamy toffee. A truly unique addition to enhance a decadent and traditional desert!
To recreate our Sticky Toffee Pudding, here’s everything you need to know…
For the pudding:
- 180g chopped dates
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 180g caster sugar
- 50g soft butter
- 2 whole eggs
- 180g soft plain flour (Sieved to remove lumps)
- 275g water
Whisky caramel sauce:
- 50g butter
- 100g sugar
- 100g double cream
- 25ml of Aber Falls Distiller's Cut Single Malt Whisky (December 2021)
- 1 orange
- clotted cream (we recommend Daffodil Foods)
For the pudding:
- Place the dates in a pan with the water and bring up to the boil cook for 5 minutes, allow to cool slightly add in the bi carbonate of soda and stir.
- Cream together the sugar & butter in a kitchen aid,
- Add the eggs that carry on beating together
- Add the cooled date & bi carb mixture
- Once mixed fold in the flour till complete combined and there’s no flour spots
- Place into a lined mould we recommend 8oz pudding pots.
- Steam the pudding for 45-60 minutes till and firm sponge is achieved